News Explorer 1.8.2: Improvements and fixes
News Explorer 1.8.2 contains some fine-tuning, some new features and bug-fixes. Version 1.8.2 includes the changes of version 1.8.1, released a day earlier:
- The instant iCloud sync algorithm as introduced in version 1.8, has been tweaked to cover more complex synchronisation scenarios.
- The Twitter options has been extended with a new Download likes option. When enabled, all tweets that were liked by the account of the Twitter feed, will be downloaded in addition to the other tweets.
- Some feeds use links that are relative to the website internet address, like /pages/1234 instead of http://example.com/pages/1234. These links didn't work in News Explorer in the previous versions. This has been fixed and should work with RSS and Atom feeds.
- A bug with the Use iCloud synchronization setting has been fixed. Changed settings were not saved when iCloud synchronization was disabled, including the said setting.
- Version 1.8.2 adds a fix for using News Explorer for macOS and iOS without iCloud synchronization. This fix does not apply to the tvOS version, which for now remains on version 1.8.1.
Apple TV Appearance support
Support for themes in the tvOS version has been replaced by the built-in 'appearance' support of tvOS. In the Settings app of tvOS, you can choose between Light, Dark and Automatic appearance. News Explorer automatically adjusts itself to the set appearance. The Light appearance closely resembles the previous default theme. The Dark appearance setting however is completely rewritten and looks better and more vivid than the previous Dark theme. More info about the Appearance settings can be found in the Help, section Switching themes.
To enhance the visibility of News Explorer in the App Store and Mac App Store, we need still more ratings. So if you like News Explorer, spend a few moments to leave a rating or review. Thank you!