Movie Explorer 1.3.1 released
Version 1.3.1 is a small update that provides the following improvements:
- Movie titles related to a file location are now deleted from the database when the file location is deleted.
- The Match dialog in the Files view contains now a search button to manually refresh the search result.
Movie Explorer 1.3 released
Version 1.3 contains a mix of new features, improvements and adjustments for Yosemite.
- Thumbnail display of the cast in the Info panel.
- Added buttons to the toolbar to open the Info and Gallery panels.
- Display of the main audio format in file lists.
Improvements and fixes:
- Improved recognition of movie files with incorrect year notation.
- Improved sync between selected thumbnail and the displayed image in the Gallery panel.
- Improved display of empty values.
- Empty inspection panels are now suppressed.
- Fixed a problem that prevented a complete update of the Movies view after performing a rescan.
- Slightly changed icon to adopt the new Yosemite style.
- Several other GUI adjustments for Yosemite.
Movie Explorer 1.2.1 released
Version 1.2.1 of Movie Explorer is a minor update to version 1.2. It contains the following improvements:
- Implemented ‘Use Image as Movie Thumbnail’ context menu item in the Gallery window.
- Added 'Move to Trash' context menu item in the Files view.
- Corrected the algorithm of the movie matching mechanism that prevented detection of movie titles that matches with some metadata phrases.
- Solved issues with the More/Less buttons in the Sidebar.
- Fixed an incidental issue of losing the first typed character when starting a new search action.
- Solved a bug that caused a crash after scanning a location while the main window was closed.
Movie Explorer 1.2 released
Version 1.2 of Movie Explorer contains some important new features based on feedback and the roadmap of the app. It can be considered as the first more 'mature' version of the app but definitely not the last version.
Version 1.2 of Movie Explorer contains the following new features:
- The 'Get Info' context menu shows all details about a movie, cast or crew member in a separate Sidekick window.
- The key data in the Sidekick window is clickable and fully linked to all other data in the local database.
- The 'Open Gallery' context menu let you browse through posters, photos and artwork of movies, cast and crew.
- Much requested 'Play with' menu item let you play a movie file with any app capable to handle the selected file type.
- The sidebar has been extended with customisable filters like genre, production countries, rating and more.
Version 1.2 contains also a lot of improvements:
- Menu item 'Get File Info' in the Files view to open the Finder Info panel.
- Implemented context menu items on nearly everything in the app.
- Prevent computer sleep while indexing movie files.
- Corrected display of incorrect file metadata.
- Improved sorting on movie titles, skipping 'The' and 'A' prefixes.
- Sidebar and Inspector can be hidden.
- Fixed function to export movie data to a CSV file.
- Countless other improvements and tweaks.