Download Buddy 1.8 with Net Radar Add-on released
Version 1.8 of Download Buddy contains a lot of improvements plus a brand new Net Radar Add-on. With this new module, available as In-app purchase, you will be fully automatically protected against downloading without a properly working VPN connection.
The following features are new in version 1.8:
- You can now add files to the queue with drag-and-drop.
- Added short cuts to all context menu items.
- The queue scrolls now automatically to the active downloads.
- Enhanced support for Split view in OS X 10.11.
- Implemented a Status column in the History view.
- All Help pages are now internet-based.
Net Radar Add-on
The all new Net Radar module is a unique and very useful add-on available as In-app purchase. It's based on technology of the stand-alone Net Radar app, with addition of some unique integration features:
- Monitors the public IP address of your Internet connection.
- Checks the status of your VPN after each connection change.
- Automatically stop all downloads when your VPN is not working properly.
- Resumes paused downloads automatically when the VPN connection is working again.
- Works with any type of VPN connection.
- Easy to configure thanks to the Net Radar Setup Assistant.
Version 1.8 contains the following fixes:
- Header info is being retrieved again now, after showing the login warning message to the user.
- After changing the download target folder in Preferences, the new setting is also forwarded to all unfinished download items.
- Downloads that don't start or don't timeout within 30 seconds are now automatically restarted.
- Restarting a paused item will no longer result in resuming that item.
- Non running items that are cancelled are now handled and saved as such.
- Password protected items that are cancelled are now handled and saved as such, and will no longer stop the queue.
- Auto restart setting now overrules History deletion settings.
- It's no longer possible to resume previously paused items that are actually cancelled.
- Items that are restarted are labeled as such.
- It's no longer possible to restart items that are just queued.
- The Status box in the toolbar has been tweaked to match the flatness of OS X 10.11.
The following fixes are made in the History window:
- The Share button has been improved in order to support more export options.
- Fixed restarting cancelled items..
- Improved restarting of download items, you will no longer see a confusing "Cancelled" status.
The following fixes are made in the Browser window:
- Fixed the overflow button in the Browser window.
- Fixed an issue with adding Favorites in the Browser window.
Net Radar released!
Net Radar is a brand new app for the Mac, specialized in double-checking the correct working of your VPN connection. It's a very useful utility for anyone who wants to be sure that their VPN connection is working and doing what is should do: hiding your real IP number and also hiding your real geographical location.
Net Radar checks on two levels, inside and outside your Mac. Inside your Mac it monitors all system changes related to starting and ending VPN connections. When a relevant change is detected, Net Radar checks the connection outside your Mac. Both checks are used together to determine the operational status of your VPN. When Net Radar detects a non-working VPN connection, you will be notified immediately with a clear warning.
Net Radar lives on top of your Mac screen as a status bar item, which displays the current geographical location of your Internet connection. The color indicates the current operational status, clicking on the item shows a nice popup with a map showing the location of your Internet connection, plus other important metadata.
Net Radar can also be used to just track the geographical location of your public Internet connection, without any VPN monitoring.
El Capitan glitch with Download Buddy
During testing of the upcoming new version of Download Buddy, a problem has been discovered that also affects the current version of Download Buddy. The Add to Download Buddy system menu item is not immediately visible after installation of the app. This is a bit disappointing, because it's one of the USP's of the app. Happily there is a very simple workaround: the menu item becomes visible after a restart of your Mac or after a log-out/log-in cycle. We hope that this issue will be solved by Apple in an upcoming update of OS X.
Movie Explorer 1.4.4 released
Fixes and improvements:
- Fixes an issue with file scanning on OS X 10.9.
- Main window is now refreshed after re-activation.
- Deletion of a file location has been improved.
- Mapping between a movie and multiple locations has been restored.
Download Buddy 1.7.1 released
This update solves 2 issues with Download Buddy running on the upcoming version of OS X:
- Addition of a policy setting to allow downloading regular HTTP sources.
- Adjustments to the Resume download implementation to restore the support for resuming of downloading after pausing or canceling. Support for resuming after a restart or crash of the computer will be restored in a future version.
Movie Explorer 1.4.3 released
Syncing of movies and TV shows especially is now a lot faster. This is the result of the following changes:
- Improved sync logic and use of smart data caching.
- Movies, shows, seasons and episodes are only populated once.
- Cast and crew on season level are now associated to the season instead of all individual episodes.
- Updated data model to support cast and crew on season level.
- Reduction of data service calls.
Other fixes and improvements:
- Added support for filenames with square brackets.
- Filenames including 'cd1' and 'cd2' are now properly recognised.
- Improved handling of the rate limiting of the TMDb service.
- Removed superfluous warnings about lost network connections.
Movie Explorer 1.4.2 released
Version 1.4.2 of Movie Explorer is a small update that contains the following improvements:
- Fixes an issue that caused a crash during scanning of TV show files.
- Strings with commas are now properly formatted in CSV export.
- TV show data are now included in CSV export.
Movie Explorer 1.4.1 released
Version 1.4.1 contains the following changes:
- TV show files using the 0x00 naming convention are now properly recognised, in addition to the default s00e00 naming convention. Please read the Tips and Tricks page for more details.
- Memory usage of the file scanner has been improved.
- Website links stored without an HTTP prefix can now be opened without errors or warnings.
Movie Explorer 1.4 released
Version 1.4 is a rather large update that contains the following new features:
Support for TV Shows
The all new TV Shows module will extend the file scanner with new capabilities to properly recognize TV Shows. It will collect specific TV Show data and present them in the new dedicated TV Shows view. This view shows all your TV Shows grouped by show and season, and sorted by episode. Furthermore, all views in the app have been extended to show specific TV Show data and images. This module is available as an In-app purchase. Click here for more info and screenshots.
Revamped Movies view
The Movies view has been completely rewritten in order to be faster and more flexible. You can now resize thumbnails from small to extremely large. In addition, you can set the quality of the thumbnails. Low quality will result in short download times with less stress on local storage, but will also be less sharp. Higher quality settings will result in the opposite.
- The visibility of the columns in the Cast, Crew and Studios view can be configured by using the right-click context menu on the table view headers.
- The TMDb data source page can now be opened for movies and TV shows by using the Alt key on the IMDb context menu item.
- Added extra metadata columns to the Files view.
- Enhanced detection of movie titles that are year numbers, like '1984'.
- Improved support for non US keyboard layouts.
- Added support for double-clicking to confirm a match in the Match dialog.
- Tweaked content update mechanism to prevent unnecessary data refreshes.
- Added missing genre and flag icons.